Get details on restaurants cited by Maricopa County inspectors for four or more priority violations the week of Sept. 21.
A priority violation is a major violation that directly contributes to increasing the risk of food-borne illness or injury. If listed in the reports, remedies implemented during inspections are included.
At the bottom, see a sampling of the many restaurants graded as an A for no violations.
SEARCH OUR DATABASE: How did your favorite Phoenix-area restaurant rate?
Industrial Catering, mobile food unit.
- Food debris on knives that were stored away as clean. | Corrected.
- Shredded cheese, cheese singles, sour cream and raw shelled eggs at unsafe cold holding temperatures. | Discarded.
- Inspector observed two knives with melted handles, fraying plastic and grooves/cracks embedded with organic material. One of the knives had chips in the blade| Discarded.
- Raw shelled eggs stored above shredded cheese. | Corrected.
LAST WEEK:Tempe sports bar cited for 5 violations in restaurant inspections
Grade A restaurants and establishments
- Carolina’s Mexican Food, 2126 E. Cactus Road.
- Whataburger, 2901 E. Bell Road.
- Maria’s Frybread and Mexican Food, 4041 E. Thomas Road, Suite 124.
- Nekter Juice Bar, 4340 E. Indian School Road, Suite 19.
- Panda Express, 6501 E. Greenway Parkway.
- The Honey Baked Ham Company, 2975 E. Ocotillo Road, Suite 3, Chandler.
- Golden Hawaiian BBQ, 1720 W. Southern Ave., Suite C-3, Mesa.
- Domino’s Pizza, 1605 S. Gilbert Road, Suite 105, Gilbert.
- Back East Bagels, 1628 E. Southern Ave., Suite 2, Tempe.
- Thai Chili 2 Go, 2895 S. Alma School Road, Suite 4, Chandler.
- Oregano’s Pizza Bistro Old Town, 3102 N. Scottsdale Road.
- Red Robin America’s Gourmet Burgers, 8970 E. Shea Blvd.
- Subway, 14651 N. Northsight Blvd., Suite 143.
- Pizza Hut, 6501 E. Greenway Parkway, Unit 108.
- New York Bagels ‘N Bialys, 10320 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite 400 B.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill, 9920 W. McDowell Road, Avondale.
- Outback Steakhouse, 5605 W. Bell Road, Glendale.
- Village Inn, 9800 W. Happy Valley Road, Peoria.
- Hurricane Grill & Wings, 11340 W. Bell Road, Suite 104, Surprise.
- Arriba’s Mexican Grill, 15370 W. McDowell Road, Goodyear.
Source: Maricopa County Environmental Services
Reach the reporter at [email protected] Follow her on Twitter: @EbonyDayAZ.
Support local journalism. Subscribe to azcentral.com today.
Read or Share this story: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2020/10/07/restaurant-inspections-mobile-food-vendor-has-four-violations/5902718002/